2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups sour cream
2 tspns baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup & 1 1/3 cups maple sugar
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
2 large eggs
1/4 tspn ground cinnamon
13 tblspns butter
2 tspns vanilla extract
cooking oil spray
Lemon Glaze Ingredients
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 tblspn pure maple syrup
3 tblspns sour cream
1 1/2 tspns lemon juice
1/2 tspn lemon peel, grated
1 tspn vanilla extract
- Pre heat your oven to 350°F/175°C and grease a 9 inch bundt pan.
- Combine the baking powder, flour and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the maple syrup and sour cream. In a third bowl combine the walnuts, cinnamon and 1/4 cup of maple sugar.
- With an electric mixer beat together 1 1/3 cups of maple sugar and the butter until fluffy. Slowly beat in the vanilla essence and eggs.
- Alternate adding some of the flour mix and then some of the sour cream mix until all has been included. Move 2/3 of the batter mix to the cake pan. Sprinkle the walnut mix over the top and then cover with the remaining batter.
- Cook for just under an hour, using a cake tester to test for the cake to be cooked. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing the cake from the pan.
- Whisk together 1 1/3 cups of sour cream, 1 1/3 cups of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Blend and then leave to stand for about half an hour until thickened.
- Pour the glaze over the cake.