This is a great recipe for meatballs that uses the three most common meats found in meatball recipes – beef, pork and lamb.
You can serve these delicious meatballs with any kind of pasta sauce – I like to go with a creamy white sauce like an Alfredo or a carbonara, but if you’re worried about the health side of things then maybe you could go with a Neapolitan or some other tomato based sauce.
I’d also highly recommend you check out this awesome meatball recipe collection I discovered – if you’re a fan of meatballs (and I know I am) this list of meatball recipes will keep you busy for a long time to come.
1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground lamb
5 oz frozen spinach, thawed
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 tspns dried basil
1 tspn garlic powder
3 tspns dried parsley
2 tspns salt
1 cup bread crumbs, divided
1 tspn red pepper flakes
- Pre heat your oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Combine the beef, lamb, porl, Parmesan cheese, spinach, eggs, parsley, basil, garlic powder, pepper flakes and salt in a bowl along with 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs. Mix together by hand until everything is combined.
- Divide your meat mixture into quarters – each portion should give you around ten meatballs, giving you roughly 40 meatballs altogether. I generally freeze half of the meatballs and cook the other half immediately.
- Put 1/2 cup bread crumbs into a small bowl.
- Roll each meatball in the breadcrumbs and then place them onto a baking tray. I also sometimes use muffine trays which keep the shape of the meatball a little bitter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.